Although many businesses would like to switch to a digital document management system, they’re often deterred by misconceptions surrounding complexity, concerns that they have too many paper-based systems or a company culture that’s slow to embrace change. Despite this, the Covid-19 pandemic has kick-started a rising trend towards digital business processes, forcing businesses to take the plunge and upgrade or transform their approach to document management. If yours is one of the businesses yet to make the change, don’t think it’s time to make the move and enjoy the benefits of digitisation?
Digitisation gets into gear
According to a survey carried out by McKinsey Global in May 2021, the Covid-19 pandemic led to businesses urgently seeking for ways to empower remote staff working, build business resilience, reduce a reliance on manual processes and ensure visibility of workflow. As such, for many companies, digitisation of their systems became an immediate priority, forcing them to accelerate their plans by three to four years.
In the past, digitisation was often just seen as a way to cut costs. However, thanks to the pandemic, digitisation and the use of technology rose to the top of the list of critical business components.
The benefits of digitisation for your businesses
Switching digital document management not only helps reduce costs but also offers a number of benefits for businesses and organisations of all shapes and sizes. Here are a few examples of how digital document management can help you:
- storage space of paper documents is reduced resulting in a tidy and efficient workplace
- documents are easy to find, fully searchable and can be shared amongst members of staff or departments in seconds
- documents are stored securely
- documents and the information stored inside them can be accessed at the touch of a button – regardless of where you are
- systems are streamlined, efficiency improves and valuable time isn’t wasted on managing and storing paperwork
- switching to a digitised systems is simple and straightforward
If you would like to find out more about the benefits of digitisation for your business, please get in touch.